3 months ended 30 June 2012
- Local currency sales increased by 1% and Euro sales were up by 2% to €373.6m (€366.7m).
- Average size of the sales force decreased by 5% to 3.6m Oriflame Consultants and closing sales force was down by 6%.
- EBITDA amounted to €50.4m (€45.7m).
- Adjusted operating margin was 11.6% (10.5%) resulting in an adjusted operating profit of €43.2m (€38.4m).
- Adjusted net profit amounted to €31.3m (€24.2m) and adjusted EPS after dilution amounted to €0.55 (€0.42).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to €29.3m (€31.1m).
- Expansion into East Africa via acquisition of former franchisee businesses in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- The AGM and EGM were held in Luxembourg on 21 May followed by a dividend payment of €1.75 per share.
6 months ended 30 June 2012
- Local currency sales increased by 2% and Euro sales were up by 1% to €769.3m (€763.5m).
- EBITDA amounted to €105.4m (€99.1m).
- Adjusted operating margin was 11.8% (11.1%) resulting in an adjusted operating profit of €90.9m (€85.1m).
- Adjusted net profit amounted to €65.8m (€55.6m) and adjusted EPS after dilution amounted to €1.15 (€0.97).
- Cash flow from operating activities improved to €87.3m (€48.5m).
CEO Magnus Brännström comments
“A clearly improved operational efficiency and profitability give us a stable foundation to address the challenges ahead. I am very pleased to see another quarter of strong growth in Asia, Africa and Latin America with further margin expansion, while sales in the CIS and Europe are slightly lower than expected. The decline in the group sales force is fully compensated by strong productivity. Going forward, we are confident in our ambitions to strengthen the income opportunity for our Oriflame Consultants through innovation and brand building thereby securing a long term sales force increase.”
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Brännström, Chief Executive Officer, Tel: +352 691 151 930
Gabriel Bennet, Chief Financial Officer, Tel: +41 798 263 713
Joakim Banestig, Sr. Dir. Investor Relations, Tel: +41 791 033 521
Johanna Palm, Dir. Investor Relations, Tel: +46 765 422 672